Happy Mid-Year, Churpers! How time flies, half of 2016’s already gone! How has the year been for you? Be it good or bad, there’s still half a year more to make your 2016 count. For Tiq, our featured Alpha of the month, this year is going to be extraordinary! We got up close and personal with Tiq as she shares her love life, her job that girls would love to have and more.
1. Hi Tiq! Congratulations on your engagement! How’s your wedding preparation coming along and how excited are you?
Thank you! I’m pretty much more or less done with the preps, just need a little bit of touch ups here and there. I can already feel the heat of the wedding! My favourite part of the planning is the decoration. I have a vision of it in my head and I just can’t wait to see it all put together!
Since it’s a combination wedding, trying to get it work for both sides can be quite tough, but I think we did well.
2. Tell us more about your love life! How did the both of you meet?
We met in ITE and were really good friends. It was funny because I had a crush on his friend, not him! But we got really close and we were quite comfortable with each other. When we got together, not many people thought our relationship would last but hey, look at where we are now!
3. Since father’s day is round the corner, how do you usually spend occasions like this? Any plans for Father’s day this year?
My family is really simple when it comes to this. We will usually go for dinner somewhere and just enjoy each other’s company. We don’t really have much time together these days, so a simple dinner out is precious!
4. Your job as a cosmetic buyer is really cool! What’s your favourite job scope and the toughest part about your job that not many people may know of?
My favourite part is the free stuff I get! At times, I don’t really have to buy any more makeup because whatever I want is free. But who am I kidding? Of course I’ll buy more in the end.
Not many people know we deal a lot with data. It’s not all about choosing which products to bring in. It’s about forecasting, looking at sales data and all the dry stuff you can think of.
5. As a beauty lover, what’s your Holy Grail make up and skincare product that every girl must have?
Color Me Automatic Foundation Applicator is God-sent! I apply my foundation with this and the airbrush effect is really amazing. As for skincare, I love Leaders Insolution masks. Cheap and really effective.
6. Any particular fashion style you love?
I am obsessed with pastels! Whatever I am wearing these days usually have a lot of pastel or nude colours. I don’t care if I look like a clown but I’ll wear light purple and light yellow together any time!
7. Where is your favourite place to shop for clothes & accessories? Any plans for the upcoming GSS?
I am usually shopping online and I love Zalora and Poplook. This year’s GSS will be me buying whatever I need for my wedding.
8. What’s the top 5 beauty items you’d bring if you know you’re going to be stuck on an island?
Tough. Probably sunscreen because I don’t want to end up with skin cancer, eyebrow pencil because eyebrow needs to be on fleek even if I am in trouble, a lipstick, a lip balm and my night moisturiser.
9. Heard you love reading! Any book recommendations for the book worms out there?
To be honest, it is difficult to find time to read but my favourites are The Hunger Games series, Pendragon series and the Sweet Valley series!
10. If there’s one person you can be for a day, who would it be?
Beyonce! I would love to know how it is like to be in her shoes!
Aww, Tiq’s job is every girl’s dream! Hope you enjoyed getting to know more about our makeup-holic, Tiq. She recently got on Dayre, so Dayreans, do show your support!
Don’t forget to follow her on her social platforms and blog as she shares more on Fashion and makeup.
Onwards to the weekend, Churpers! 😉