Hello & TGIF Churpers! Whether you’re getting ready for your Halloween party or still stuck at work or school, let’s spare a bit of time to get to know this month’s Featured Alpha, Isaac, a little better! You’ve probably came across his bright and vivid feed, and kept anticipating “What next?”, well behind all that colours, we caught up with him amidst his busy schedule. So let’s….get…started!
1. What’s up Isaac! How has things been for you lately?
Hey! Things have been crazy! Busy ever since starting my new job. Although exciting as it may be, with the new environment, new adventures and people, there’s a lot to be done.
Keeping a positive attitude helps me get through each day with a smile and still have some energy left over.
2. Tell us your top 3 favourite things to do.
I must say online shopping! I cannot stop buying shoes and looking out for the latest fashions and trends available. I also enjoy hanging out with friends, hunting for the coolest cafes and food around.
Travelling and discovering new places and adventures also tops my list. Exploring new cultures and environments makes me appreciate what I have right now and also encourages me to work towards what I don’t!
3. How would your friends describe you in 3 words!
(1) Likable – I am a very happy-go-lucky kind of person and am really easy to get along with (2) Oblivious – sometimes my mind wanders off into my own thoughts that I miss out on things happening in reality (3) Straightforward – I am one who speaks my mind and can be upfront with people, there’s no point hiding or holding things back.
4. Share with us more on your blog (lookfourteen.com) that you started earlier this year.
My blog is a reflection of my clothes and styles, things that I like – from fashion accessories all the way down to yummy food! I must admit that I haven’t had the time to update the blog, but will definitely be putting in more effort towards maintaining it.
5. What inspired your bright, colourful feed? How fast do you usually take to edit your photos?
To me colours represents vibrancy and happiness. The use of colours in my feed captures attention and allows each photo to be very unique compared to another. The time taken to edit really depends on the background and the lighting.
Usually, I choose the colours based on my mood and my momentary inspirations while I’m using Photoshop.
6. Seems like you’ve been travelling a lot this year, any interesting stories/recommendations to share?
Yes! I’ve been travelling to Ho Chi Minh City a lot this year. It is very different from Singapore, it’s a good getaway from the hustle and bustle of city life. The cafes there are amazing and so is the food. Vietnamese food is one of my latest favourite cuisines! Banh Mi for breakfast is a must! You can’t leave Vietnam without trying their Banh Khot (Miniature fried pancakes) dipped in some oyster sauce – Scrumptious!
7. You just turned a year older! What’s your ideal birthday celebration like? If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be?
The perfect scenario for me would be having a gathering with a long table filled with all my friends and loved ones. Age to me is just a number, what matters most is that I am happy and healthy, living the life that I choose.
8. We saw that you went sky-diving in recent years, how was the experience? What’s next on your bucket list!
Sky-diving was amazing. I never thought that I would have the courage to do something like that but was so thankful that I got the opportunity to. It was a breathtaking and humbling experience that I will treasure forever. The next on my bucket list would be bungee jumping off the tall bridge in New Zealand – The Pipeline Bungy.
9. Being a style lover, what are some of your favourite fashion brands and why?
I love fashion that are monochromatic and minimalistic. This kind of contradicts the feed that I have online but it’s what defines me. I do not have a favourite brand but I do like some styles from COS.
10. Halloween is just tomorrow! How did you celebrate Halloween in previous years? Any plans to go trick or treating this year? 😀
Last year’s trend was definitely “The Walking Dead” – with that theme in mind, I decided to dress up as an zombified Prince Alibaba. Celebrations usually include attending themed parties at my friend’s place.
Sadly, for this year, I will be spending Halloween at work! Have a great spooky Halloween, everyone!
That’s all the time we got with @Isaaclim, follow him on his social platforms and he’ll be sure to brighten up your day 😀
Till next time, Churpers!