Typhoon Haiyan (also known as Typhoon Yolanda) has taken over the news ever since it hit the Philippines on the 8th of November 2013, where more than 600,000 people have now been displaced by the storm across the country and with no access to food, water or medicine. The numbers of the dead and injured are in the thousands now, and worse still, the list keeps getting longer every day.
We are deeply saddened by this tragedy, but there’s more we can do than to keep them in our prayers. As such, Churp Churp is organizing a regional donation drive to raise funds for the victims of Typhoon Haiyan, and we urgently appeal to all of you in our wonderful Churp Churp community to come together and do our part to help those in need.
From now till 22 December 2013, you can do your part and contribute to our fund in just a few simple steps, by donating either a portion of your Churp Churp earnings, or via Paypal!
1. Head over to your Churp Churp dashboard.
2. Look for the “[URGENT] Donate to help the victims of Typhoon Haiyan!” campaign and click it.
3. Choose the denomination you would like to donate. The options are: $2, $5, $10 and $50. Please tick the box if you would like to donate anonymously. (We will be featuring the names of all the donors at the end of this campaign, in recognition of your generosity).
4. You will receive a confirmation email.
5. The amount will then be deducted from your current earnings.
There! Imagine that, with these 5 easy steps, you could easily help a starving child, a sick man or a dying woman.
Alternatively, you can also click on the link choose to donate via Paypal, where you can choose from a total of 12 charities to contribute to.
If you’ve been thinking, “I should do something to help the victims of this disaster”, well, today is the day you stop thinking, and start doing! The collection period for this donation drive is from the 22nd of November to the 22nd of December 2013, after which we will donate the total amount raised to Red Cross Philippines.
We know our community is capable of doing great things together, so do your part and help the victims of Typhoon Haiyan today. We thank you in advance for your generosity, and for being a part of this good cause!