Young, successful & statuesque – despite these and having had graced the runways for international luxury brands like Louis Vuitton, Gucci and Armani (to name a few), Singapore’s top model, Sheila Sim, still has her feet firmly planted on the ground! This home grown beauty revels in the simple things like otters swimming while holding hands and a good meal (her instagram is full of local and foreign fare)!
When Sheila was just 17 years old, she left for Hong Kong to pursue modelling with reckless abandon! Now a veteran in the modelling industry, we talked to Sheila bare from the glitz and glamour about taking her first crack at acting and bring (we mean link :p) you behind the scenes of her new Chinese drama, “I’m in charge”.
1. How is it like being one of Singapore’s top models?
It’s definitely very assuring to be well appreciated for what I do. It’s an honour to work with some of the top photographers, stylist, makeup artiste, hair stylist, show producers in Singapore. I often feel very spoilt to be wearing prestigious, beautiful, high-end fashion clothing.
2. Do you think instagram can be a starting platform for aspiring models?
Instagram provides an excellent add-on platform for aspiring models to promote their work, especially when it reaches out globally. However, Instagram alone is not enough. Advertising agencies and events companies will eventually select models according to their portfolio and composite cards instead of sourcing for models on Instagram.
3. Let’s talk about your first drama, “I’m In Charge, “小子 当家”! When should we look out for your tweets for more info on “小子 当家”?
Press Conference will commence on the 16th May, the drama series will be airing 27th May 9pm. I have however, already posted pictures of “I’m In Charge” on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram during the filming period a month ago. (psst! play catch up & follow Sheila now!)
4. Any similarities between yourself and the character you play on the show?
王小慧 is a very passionate and expressive character. She’s also not the typical feminine sort of girl; she’s a little quirky and unladylike. Those are distinct qualities of Sheila. Not Sheila Sim, but Sheila. haha!
5. How was it like playing opposite Elvin Ng (swoon)?
He is a total charmer. I can’t feel more blessed to be playing opposite Elvin Ng for my first drama. He’s got attractive eyes, good body, good humour, a good head on his shoulders, very willing to teach, very patient, very professional and the list goes onnnnnnnnnnnn.
6. Social Media Time! Facebook, Twitter, Instagram – pick one!
Instagram win hands down. A picture speaks a thousand words. Or maybe because I’m not so good with words. haha!
7. Kitty videos or Talking Dogs on Youtube?
Both make me LMAO. Laughing babies too!
8. If you could post a pic of yourself with any popular personality on instagram, who would it be?
Andy Lau. I’ve always been a fan. *squeal*
9. What is the most ridiculous comment you’ve seen on your facebook page?
FB page not really. FB message is the killer. I’ve been offered a job on FB, I’ve been asked on date, and I’ve been offered an escorting job. It’s crazy.
10. Last one! Modelling, acting, what is the next big thing you see yourself doing?
Sum yourself up in a hashtag!
Interview adjourned! Remember to catch Sheila in “I’m In Charge, “小子 当家” which airs starting May 27th at 9PM on Ch8!
Oh! And check out the drama’s theme song below to catch a glimpse of Sheila in her role as 王小慧 (Wang Xiao Hui). We’ve got 2 words: super hilarious!